If you wish to apply directly on esta-applications.uk, please click on the button below
Click here for the Esta application form
What is the purpose of an ESTA form?
‘The ESTA form is used to apply for ESTA. The ESTA application process is done in 5 simple steps. First of all, the application form runs you through a specific set of questions. Once you have entered your personal details in the required fields, you will then be asked to click on the button ‘next’ which takes you to the next step. At the end of step 5, make sure your data is entered correctly. If you are unsure what is required in a certain field, you can always move your mouse across for additional information.
You then click on the ‘‘pay’’ button to finish your application process. If you wish to apply for more ESTA documents for other travellers, such as your spouse or sibling, click on the ‘‘add traveller’’ button and fill in the correct information. Once you have completed the application again, click on the ‘‘pay’’ button. Here you will find the payment options. You can choose your preferred payment method and once selected, your payment is completed.’
Which details are required for my application for ESTA?
These details are required for your ESTA application
1. Your personal details such as name and address;
2. Your passport details;
3. Other nationalities and citizenships if applicable;
4. Contact details in case of an emergency;
5. Your point of contact in the US;
6. The address details of your accommodation in the US;
7. Your employment details (or any other);
8. General eligible questions about safety and security.
Which personal details do I need to supply and fill in?
1. Personal details: Your personal details such as your name, your address, telephone number and email address.
Which passport details do I need to supply and fill in the form?
2. Passport details: Please take the passport details exactly from your passport and please note that you will only be able to travel under the Visa Waiver Programme if you are a British citizen holding a normal passport with the 3-letter code GBR! You will be unable to apply for ESTA if you are not a British Citizen and your passport does not have the 3-letter code GBR. If the latter is the case, please check with your embassy what the requirements are for your travel to the US. The UK passport number consists of nine numbers so please note: within a UK passport number, the character ‘O’ does not exist therefore please use the number ‘0’. The passport number can be found in the red frame.
Why do I get questions about my other nationality?
3. Other nationalities: you have to select the other country of nationality when applicable and the way you have acquired the second nationality/other citizenship and a short explanation. If you have more nationalities, please contact us.
Why do I need to fill in contact details in case of an emergency?
4. Contact emergency details: here you can fill in contact details of the person who needs to be contacted in case of an emergency. Also for you as a traveller of concern!
Why do I need to fill in a contact person?
5. Point of contact is important for processing your application. Point of contact in the US may be a friend, a relative or a business relation. You are also allowed to mention the name and telephone number of your hotel or any other accommodation.
Why do I need to supply and fill in the details of my accommodation in the US?
6. Point of stay in the US: In case of not having a contact person you are allowed to fill in the details of your accommodation, such as your hotel. It is important to change your details once you know who your contact person is in the US. In case of more locations than just one, please fill in the first accommodation's address.
Do I need to fill in my employer's details and what if I do not have one?
7. Details of employer: please fill in the name of your current employer. If you are currently not employed, please fill in the name of your previous employer. Any employer’s name is important to be able to process your application. In case you work but have no employer or have not had an employer in the past, you are also able to fill in ‘SELF-EMPLOYED’, ‘STUDENT’, ‘CHILD’, ‘HOMEMAKER’, STAY-AT-HOME-PARENT, or any other description of your current work activity. You have to fill in the address of your employer or in case of not having or having had an employer please fill in ‘UNKNOWN’ at the address section
Why do I need to fill in the security questions?
8. If you reply one of these security questions with ‘yes’, your application will be declined.
How do I apply for more than traveller, like a spouse, friend or child?
You can apply for multiple ESTA’s for more individuals. It is officially required to apply for a unique ESTA for each person wanting to travel to the USA. Always make sure the personal information is filled in correctly to prevent problems during your trip. Once you have completed your own application, you will be able to apply for multiple persons, for example your sibling, parent, friend or spouse. The procedure during application for multiple persons will be exactly the same. Each ESTA authorization can be requested after your application.
In case of a child, do I need to apply for ESTA’s separately?
Yes, also in case you apply for an ESTA for your child, you would need to apply separately. Once you have completed your own application after step 5, you will be able to apply for an ESTA for your child.
Do I need to fill in the ESTA application form completely and what happens if I make mistakes?
You have to fill in the form truthfully and accurately. Unfortunately it is not possible to change your details in the ESTA application after submission. In case you would want to change details, you would need to apply for a new ESTA. Your costs for the new application will be at your expense. Only your e-mail address and your accommodation in the US can be changed on the ESTA form. We are not responsible for incorrect details filled in during an ESTA application.
I have checked all relevant questions and answers, but how do I fill in the esta form?
Here are some of the details that need attention:
First name of traveller: please fill in your first name as mentioned in your passport. Do not fill in your second or any further names. Your first name is required for the processing of your application. If you do not have a first name, please fill in ‘FNU’, meaning First Name Unknown. If you have any special characters in your name such as é or ö please do not mention them, as they will not be recognised. In this case please fill in your name as mentioned in the red frame of the passport example <<<<<<. This is the part that is machine-readable.
Surname: please fill in your last name as mentioned in your passport. If you are married and a woman, please fill in the surname on your passport. Your first name is required for the processing of your application. If you have any special characters in your name such as é or ö please do not mention them, as they will not be recognised. In this case please fill in your name as mentioned in the red frame of the passport example <<<<<<. This is the part that is machine-readable.
Alias first and surname: another name or alias has to be an official name containing first name and surname.
In this field you can fill in your biological, adoptive, step or foster mother or father. Please fill in both the surname and first name of your mother, so a complete name and not initials. When filling in the first name, please fill in only the first name. If you do not know the name of your mother please fill in ‘UNKNOWN’.
UK passport number: The UK passport number consists of nine numbers so please note: within a UK passport number, the character ‘O’ does not exist therefore please use the number ‘0’. The passport number can be found in the red frame. You need a machine-readable passport to qualify for an ESTA. Your passport must contain the E-Passport symbol. Please note that you will only be able to travel under the Visa Waiver Programme if you are a British citizen holding a normal passport with the 3-letter code GBR! You will be unable to apply for an ESTA if you are not a British Citizen and your passport does not have the 3-letter code GBR. If the latter is the case, please check with your embassy what the requirements are for your travel to the US.
Country of issue: please select your country of residence, which is also the country where your passport was issued.
2nd nationality: in case you have obtained another nationality you have to select the other country of nationality, the way you have acquired the second nationality/ other citizenship and a short explanation. Do you have more nationalities, please contact us.
Why has the ESTA form been extended and more questions have been added since 2014?
ESTA means Electronic System for Travel Authorisation. It is part of an electronic system for travellers wishing to travel to the US via the Internet. Since 2009, the US government has started to register travellers to the US by means of an US ESTA. In 2014, the American Department of Homeland Security extended the ESTA authorisation with more questions, which takes up more time to answer. The ESTA replaces the green form I-94W that had to be filled in on a flight to the US, so that means an improvement. After the attack of 9/11 US visa application and ESTA application was launched to increase safety of flights and cruises to the US.
On 24th February 2016, the form has been extended with questions about the nationalities of the person applying for an ESTA Visa. Also there is the eligible safety question for instance, if the person applying has travelled to Iraq, Iran, Syria, or Sudan has been added. On 18th of June 2016, the countries Somalia, Yemen and Libya were added. If you have the nationality of one of these countries, or you have travelled to these countries regularly, then the risk is high that your ESTA application will not be approved. We therefore suggest you to apply for a Visa immediately. On 21st December 2016, another question about Social Media has been added. By adding this question the American CBP is trying to increase their ability to identify the risk of any possible threat.
Why should I use the eVisa application form of esta-applications.uk instead?
1. Our service includes payment with Debit Card and Credit Card (Visa Card, MasterCard and eMaestro);
2. We also deliver your ESTA document by post;
3. You can contact our UK customer service (opening hours see contact page);
4. With a delayed approval, your travel authorisation will automatically be forwarded to your email via our system anyway;
5. One month before your ESTA will expire we will send you notification to remind you that your ESTA validity period is about to expire;
6. Both manual and automated checks are performed to avoid crucial mistakes once your data is entered in our system;
7. We will review your application for travel allowance allocation;
8. Your personal details entered during application are handled with the utmost of care. However, in case of any mistake made by one of our team members, you are entitled to re-submit your application for free;
9. We are at your service during opening hours to assist you during your application and on request we will provide you with personal assistance;
10. We guarantee you will find no errors on our website during application.
After my application when would I receive information on my official ESTA status and what would it mean?
Once you have finished the application and the payment, you will receive an official ESTA statement. There are three possible statements: 1. ESTA authorised; 2. ESTA pending; 3. ESTA not authorised.
After application and upon receipt of my official ESTA authorisation, do I need to print my ESTA?
We advise you to print off your approved ESTA authorisation and to take that along during your trip to the USA. Your ESTA is digitally connected to your passport, which will need to be checked by the Customs officer, but in case of any problems you might need a copy at hand.
Where do I find the official application number, which I need to track the validity and expiry date of your ESTA?
On your ESTA authorisation confirmation you will receive by email, you will be able to see the validity of your ESTA. The validity is also mentioned on the ESTA itself.
Click here for the Esta application form